Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Simply lovely (Day 16)

My day started early, but with a little guy that was so excited to be awake, it didn't take long for me to get excited, too. It was a fantastic day. I avoided anything and everything that resembled work. No laundry, no dusting, no scrubbing, no vacuums, no dishes. Instead, I napped, wrote in my journal, saw my wonderful sister, went for a walk with my delightful neighbor and her son, and had tea with my amazing Mom. To top it all off, there was girl's night out and more fun TV. Come to think of it, it was a busy day!

To fit into this fun and busy schedule, dinner had to be simple. I decided it was a great night to use some of the lentils in my cupboard, and found this fantastic and very simple recipe on epicurious.com. I did switch out the chard for kale, and it was amazing. Even if you're not a big fan of garbanzo beans, give it a try. My hubby hates garbanzo beans in anything but hummus, and he gave it two thumbs up. Paired with my Mom's homemade bread, it was perfect for one of the last(we hope!) cold winter nights. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. This is perfect! I just bought red lentils from the co-op this week, on sale, and have been looking for a good recipe. Tonight I made chicken soup - using leftover chicken from earlier this week, tomatoes from the summer, and frozen homemade stock. It was an austerity dinner, and delicious too! Thanks for your continued inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious! Thanks for the save with the curry powder. Hope you like the recipe as much as we did.

    ReplyDelete