Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Generosity (Day 15)

I've been blogging for only 15 days, and I have to admit: I feel like I've run out of things to say. I wish I made great, "bloggable" strides in my understanding of the world on a daily basis, but I don't. Some days are just days where I get up, take care of my son, and go to bed. It's not particularly glamorous or noteworthy, but it is. I think some of you can relate; I also think that one day I will remember these as the best days of my life.

In the absence of things to say, I want to focus on what you have said to us over the last few weeks. I knew that this project wouldn't be the easiest we've ever attempted. What I didn't expect was the curiosity, interest, disbelief, encouragement, and generosity that we've encountered along the way. The community that I find myself in now--made of family and friends alike, is unreal. I am blown away, and very grateful. You all WANT us to succeed, and are doing all you can to make it be true.

We've been the grateful recipients of well-placed words of encouragement and wisdom, recipe ideas, offers to cook together, eggs, coffees out, cookies, Patrick's now-famous salsa, chicken, pesto, berries, marinara sauce, lentils, pasta, and offers of "stop by if you run out of anything!" Never before have I felt so much a part of a warmhearted and caring community of people. You all have taken this family's project to pay off our bills and made it so much more than that. Thank you, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment