Sunday, February 6, 2011

Holding Steady (Day 6)

Today was everything a Superbowl Sunday should be...except (for me) the chicken-wing feast and the football game. A sick (or maybe teething?) baby will make it a night in for me, and without cable, that will be a night without football. I will, however, be cheering for the Steelers along with my Papa and brothers (go, Steelers!), and will hear the results tomorrow.

We had a lovely brunch this beautiful, finally sunny Sunday morning with some lovely people! We managed to scrape up a feast out of our pantry: homemade granola with pomegranate seeds (I found 2 pomegranates I bought for a party and didn't use!), fresh biscuits with homemade jam, scrambled eggs with cheddar cheese and ham, bacon, and some cut up apple and blood orange purchased yesterday. Delicious!

While rocking my cuddly, sleepy baby this afternoon, I thought back over this week. It's been a good one, and I've been more consistent about preparing food, and more excited about it. So far, it's changed my focus from what I don't have to all the wonderful things I can make with what I do have. I hope I still feel that way by the end of the month!

Enjoy your Superbowl feasts, and be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment